7/5/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 7/5


need boxes, paper and string, Lord,
to wrap up for safekeeping:
    moments of peace that come my way,
    favors of grace from your own hand
    and gifts of joy that fall into in my lap...


I need to save and wrap these memories, Lord,
    for days when peace is hard to find,
        when joy is scarce, in short supply,
    and when I'm blind to all the grace
        you offer daily, without fail...

I need to store these gifts
    to open and enjoy again,
remembering how you've kept me safe
    and safe will lead me still through times
        when all seems bleak and lost...

I need to savor all the kindnesses
    you've shown me in your love
and in the friends who care for me,
    who've got my back and hold me
        in their arms and in their hearts...

I need boxes, paper and string, Lord,
to wrap up for safekeeping:
    moments of peace that come my way,
    favors of grace from your own hand
    and gifts of joy that fall into in my lap...

Help me remember, Lord, all I've received
    from family, friends and you
and help me gather up and wrap and save
    the blessings of the past
        to help me through the day at hand... 

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Image source

Every Good Gift  by Clayton Brooks

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!