5/24/08

The Virtual Anniversary Party


Image by Trina

Some folks around the parish were disappointed not to have had a piece of my ordination anniversary cake. And they weren't satisfied with the crumbs the day after, either! Others were surprised that they weren't invited to "the party."

Well, although May 19 really was my 35th ordination anniversary, the cake and the crumbs were a virtual dessert and there was no party!

The cake was "baked" by RedKid.net and I "decorated" it online. The crumbs on the plate the next day were scooped up from another blog: FoodOnTheFood.

No need to feel badly, then, about missing a party - and no need to feel badly for me that there was no party. Some time ago, some folks in the parish suggested a "35th" in my honor and I told them that since I'd had a very nice "25th" I thought it would be best to hold the next big bash for my "50th" - God willing!

I was quite content to go out to dinner with my cousin who was visiting from Florida this past week and to share my anniversary with all of you here online. (When my cousin saw the cake online he wanted to know where in the house I was hiding it!)

If you go to
RedKid.net and play around with the sign generators there, you'll see just how easy some of this blogging business can be!

So, no one was left off the virtual guest list and if you arrived late, I saved the last piece of carrot cake above just for you - and it's calorie free!


-ConcordPastor


1 comment:

  1. Loved the cake... it was delicious! :-)
    Happy anniversary...a little late but with the best of wishes for you.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!