8/20/08

Big keys!


(Click on image for larger, more detailed version.)

KiwiNomad from New Zealand, sends along this photo from her recent walk along the Chemin de Saint Jacques from Le-Puy-en-Velay (in France) to St Jean Pied de Port, then the Camino Frances to Santiago de Compostela (in Spain). Her journey took nearly three months!

The image above is of the capital on a column in a cloister next to a 12th century church in Estella, Spain. You'll see that it depicts Peter and the keys, a clear connection to this weekend's scriptures.

Thanks, KiwiNomad - and be sure to check out her blog and the blog on her walk, too, which is titled Il faut aller doucement... but don't worry - it's all in English!

-ConcordPastor

4 comments:

  1. I just read Kiwi Nomad's blog from her walk. Lovely photos accompanied by a most informative script. I applaud her ability to have accomplished this feat. And I do mean feat, but with no pun intended! I couldn't even contemplate this walk, but congratulate you for your determination. Don't know if indulgences are part of this, but you deserve a plenary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous: I hope you left a similiar comment on KiwiNomad's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for nudging me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks anon! I know it seems like you had to be determined.... and I guess those who weren't never finished the walk. But in another kind of way, it was 'easy' to finish, as your days had a kind of simple rhythm that was always the same, all about walking, and you were surrounded by others doing the same thing.
    I am amazed I did it too. When I look back at my photos of so many landscapes etc, I realise how far I walked in the end. But really, it was just a case of walking 20km more today, each day, and in the end, they all added up to arriving in Santiago!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!