3/17/19

Pocket Prayer for MONDAY 3/18


If you'd like one of these pocket Crosses for your own, check here.  Each day this Lent I'll offer a brief thought here (Pocket Prayers) about how Jesus might touch our lives in this holy season.  I hope this will help all of us to be more faithful on our Lenten journey to Easter.

Pocket Prayer for MONDAY of the Second Week of Lent

I mentioned on Friday, Lord,
how I know there are times
when I hide from, run from,
shield myself from the very touch
I'm praying for today...

Sometimes it's because
I know your touch might heal
a wound I'd prefer to nurse...

Sometimes it's because
I fear your touch might disturb
an already painful place...

Or perhaps I'm afraid
that in return for your blessing,
you might ask or want more from me
than I'm just now ready to offer...

Whatever the reason, Lord,
today I pray you'll touch my life
in just the place I need your touch the most,
in just the place where I back off
and turn from your outstretched hand...

I believe, Lord, and I know
that your touch is always healing,
always reconciling and consoling,
always filled with your gentle mercy...

So, touch my life today, Lord,
in just that place
where I need your touch the most
and give me the strength, courage and grace I need
to open myself to you in trust...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!