3/12/19

Pocket Prayer: TUESDAY 3/12


The image above is a pocket Cross we're distributing in my parish this Lent: a portable, daily reminder of the ashes we received and the Lenten pledges we made on Ash Wednesday. If you'd like one of these Crosses for your own, check here.  Each day this Lent I'll offer a brief thought here (Pocket Prayers) about how Jesus might touch our lives in this holy season.  I hope this will help all of us to be more faithful on our Lenten journey to Easter.

Pocket Prayer for Tuesday of the First Week of Lent

Last Thursday, Lord, I prayed:
Make me sensitive to your touch:
slow me down, slow me down, slow me down,
   lest I brush past your gentle touch
      and miss your blessing...


Well, I'm not sure I've slowed down that much,
   though I have felt your hand on my shoulder,
      gently working to hold me back a bit...

But I do find myself more sensitive to,
   more aware of your touch in simple ways, like:
how your word spoke to me
   when I prayed yesterday morning;
how you eased an over-scheduled day
   into something manageable and productive;
and the gift of your Spirit
   moving in our men's group last night...

You're opening my eyes and my heart, Lord,
   lest I brush past your gentle touch 
      and miss your blessing...

I'm grateful for your presence yesterday, Jesus,
   and pray you'll touch my life again today...   Amen.

How did the Lord touch your life yesterday? 


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!