7/19/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 7/18


Saw a familiar face at mass this morning, Lord,
   (a face I've missed, 
      someone I haven't seen for a long time) 
and I got to thinking about you and me...

You see my face 24/7
   I'm always in your line of vision,
   you never turn your gaze away from me...
 
I'm as a newborn, always under his mother's eye 
except for when she sleeps 
- but you, Lord, never sleep!

There's never a moment, night or day,
when you're not familiar with my face,
   with my thoughts and dreams, my sorrows and joys,
   with my fears, my hopes, my every move
   and through the hours when I'm fast asleep...
 
Such faithful, vigilant, unmerited love, Lord!
Grant me the grace to turn to you more often,
to become more and more familiar with your face,
    with your thoughts and plans for me,
    with your word, your truth, your promise,
    with the delight you take in being so familiar
    with the face I turn to yours in prayer...
 
Open the eyes of my heart, Lord,
I want to see you, 
I want to become familiar with your face,
to bask in the light of your holy face:
open the eyes of my heart, Lord
open the eyes of my heart...

Keep your eye on me, Lord, as I lie awake
and watch over me when I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch for you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

If the musical widget below doesn't appear, click here!

Open the Eyes of My Heart by Paul Baloche 
        performed by Praise and Harmony


Open the eyes of my heart, Lord,
open the eyes of my heart:
I want to see you, I want to see you. 
 
To see you high and lifted up,
shining in the light of your glory.
Pour out your pow'r and love,
as we sing, "Holy, Holy, Holy."
 
Open the eyes of my heart, Lord,
open the eyes of my heart:
I want to see you, I want to see you. 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!