10/22/21

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 10/22

    Image source

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
There's about 24 hours between this moment, Lord
and my pause for prayer when tomorrow dawns: 
24 hours to do what you ask of me every day:
to love you above all, my loving God
and my neighbor as myself...
 
With 8 hours sleep, I'll have 16 left:
twice as much time awake, out of bed
as snug in the sack and sound asleep...

How will I spend those 16 hours, Lord?
 
    How many hours will I spend with others?
    How many hours will I spend alone?  
    (How many hours) How much time with you in prayer?
    How many hours in front of a screen? 
    How many hours online?
    How many hours seeking beauty and truth?
    How many hours feeding my face?
    How many hours working? how many hours resting?
    How many hours serving others? 
    How many hours caring for myself?     
    How many hours reaching out? 
    How many hours holding back?
    How many hours will I put to good use?
    How much time will I waste?

However I spend my time, Lord,
    my minutes, my hours, my day,
I know you spend it all with me,
    never leaving my side for a moment...
 
So, I pray for good rest to strengthen me
to love you and my neighbor faithfully...
 
I pray for the grace to order my day
with charity, gratitude, work and prayer...
 
I pray for the faith to help me see
how this day's a gift, on loan from you... 

24 hours: awake and asleep, 
the day you've made, the day that's mine,
to serve others well, to grow in your love, 
to spend my time, my life for you... 

Amen.
   

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!