11/29/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 11/29

 
I love this simple prayer from Edwina Gateley - especially for Advent.  If the prayer seems even too simple, I've followed it below with a guide for praying it...
 
Be silent.

Be still.

Wait before your God.

Say nothing
 
Ask nothing.

Be still.

Let your God look upon you.

That is all.

God knows.  God understands.

God loves you with an enormous love.

God only wants to look upon you with love.

Quiet...
 
Still...
 
Be...
 
Let your God love you...
 
Still need some help with that prayer?
Here's a guided walk through those same words...  

Be silent...
Find, make the time to be in a quiet place:
no interruptions, no phone, no screen 
- even if only for ten minutes or so...  

Be still...
Sit in a comfortable position, take a few deep breaths,
If it helps, close your eyes... 

Wait before your God..
Resist the urge to "get things going!"
Simply wait for God... 
trust that God is near...
wait until you feel God's presence, 
wait until you know that God is with you... 

Say nothing...
This is not a prayer of words, it's a prayer of the heart. 
Don't try to think of what to say:
it's fine if you say nothing at all...  
 
Ask nothing...
Regardless of your needs at the moment: ask nothing of God.
This isn't ask-and-receive time. 
This is simply time to be with God 
and to know the Lord's love...  

Be still...
Be still in your body, be still in your thoughts,
be still in your mind, be still in your heart... 

Let your God look upon you...
As a mother and father
look upon their child's face with joy,
so God looks upon you with love
 
That is all...
This prayer IS this simple:
simply to be in God's presence and to know,
to bask in the Lord's loving gaze...  

God knows...  God understands...
No need to speak, no need to ask for anything:
God knows everything you need before you speak
and God understands every difficulty and problem you have
in ways that you will never understand.

God loves you with an enormous love...
God knows you and God understands you
and still God loves you tremendously,
fully, freely and with forgiveness...

God only wants to look upon you with love...
In this time of prayer, this is all God wants: 
to look upon you with love
and for you to know his loving gaze... 

Quiet...

Still...

Be...

Let your God love you...

In this simplest of prayers you have very little work to do
- God does all the work! 
You have only to find or make a quiet time, 
to be still in God's presence
and wait to see, to know
how your God looks upon you
with love...

Be Still and Know That I Am God by Christopher Walker
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here! 
 

 
Be still and know that I am God. 
You are my chosen one, to whom my love I give. 
My life is yours in you I live. 
Be still, be still, and know that I am God 
 
Be still and know that I am God. 
You are my chosen one, I came to set you free. 
Give me your cares and rest in me. 
Be still, be still and know that I am God 
 
Be still and know that I am God. 
You are my chosen one to whom I show my ways. 
My love is with you all my days. 
Be still, be still and know that I am God 
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!