5/21/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 5/21


I'd guess, Lord, 
that praying in the morning and praying at night
is a custom as old as prayer itself:
    a prayer to wrap the day in your grace,
    a prayer for strength as the day begins,
    a prayer of thanksgiving when day is done,
    bookends of prayer to cover the times
        when during the day I forget to pray...
 
Morning and evening, 
discreet moments, Lord:
    when I make some time for you
        who are always there for me;
    when I turn my thoughts to you
        who never turn your mind from me;
    when I pause to speak to you
        who wait to hear from me all day;
    when I offer praise and thanks to you,
        my source of all that's good;
    when I open wide my arms to you
        who hold me in your heart 
            who embrace me, night and day...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
Tonight's prayer highlighted two moments of prayer in our day,
tonight's song tells of making the whole day a time of prayer...
 
   
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
All day long I've been with Jesus 
All day long my lips have uttered praise 
All day long my heart, my soul's been lifted in worship  
All day long I have been with Him  
 
No way could I ever honor You enough  
For all you have done for me 
So I will offer up thanksgiving from my heart  
And praise continually  
 
All day long I've been with Jesus 
All day long my lips have uttered praise 
All day long my heart, my soul's been lifted in worship  
All day long I have been with Him 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!