1/30/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 1/30



With what patience and endurance 
Nature waits through winter's sleep:
    frozen silent, packed in ice,
    whipped by harsh and thoughtless winds,
    buried deep in drifted snow...
 
She waits, Lord, in cold silence,
not a whimper, not a cry, 
just the prayer of quiet waiting
for the warmth that spring will bring,
for a thaw to bud and green her limbs,
for earth itself to turn her face
to know the sun's sweet kiss...

Give me patience in dark winter, Lord,
and light and warmth within, if not outside;
hold me in your arms, close to your heart
where no wind can chill my soul,
no frost can nip my spirit,
where the fervor of your love 
no season knows...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
keep vigil while I sleep
that awake, I keep the watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
 
Jesus, You Have Melted My Heart by Chris Bowater

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!