4/9/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 4/9



Julian's words are often part of my own prayer - as you would know from the frequency with which they appear here in my prayer posts...


   Calligraphy by Michael Noyes


 
A Little Prayerful Medicine

SYMPTOMS
Things are tough - and getting tougher; nothing's going right; it seems there's no way out; you feel like giving up or giving in.

DIRECTIONS:  
Find a quiet place, take  a deep breath; and slowly pray Julian's words three times - or more as needed.

DOSAGE
Repeat as often as necessary.

This simple prayer is one I often suggest to others.  So often the simplest prayers are the best prayers.  Julian's words here are simple - but not simplistic.  They don't promise a quick solution or an easy way out of my troubles.  Rather, they give me a way to express my faith, hope and trust that ultimately and at the deepest level, all things are in God's hands and in God's hands "all manner of things shall be well..."

All shall be well...

And all shall be well...

And all manner of things shall be well...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

All Shall Be Well by Barbara Bridge
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

    
All shall be well.  All shall be well, 
and all manner of thing,*
all manner of thing shall be well.

I lift up my eyes to the mountains;
from where shall come my help?
My help will come from God,
my creator, from God who made heaven and earth.

God will keep your feet from stumbling
and guard you as you rest;
for God never slumbers nor sleeps.
God is with you by day and by night.

For God will always guard you from evil
and keep your soul from harm;
and God will guard your coming and going,
both now and forever more.

* Julian of Norwich died in the early 15th century, at 
which time "All manner of thing" was an acceptable 
figure of speech.


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!