9/8/24

Monday Morning Offering: 9/9

Morning Coffee by George Mendoza

This is the last full day 
    of my two magnificent months in Georgetown, Colorado.
This prayer, then, is more personal than usual
    but I'm hoping you'll find some ways it speaks for you, too...

Good morning, good God!
 
I've asked you before, Lord
    but I've forgotten what your answer might have been:
        Why must good times come to an end?

And even as I type those words
    I see the false premise in my question:
        my good times are not ending!
 
I'm going back to good places,
    good folks - and good times...
 
I'm going back to what I've known:
    what has rooted me, grown me, 
        blessed and sustained me;
    sharpened my best points
        and smoothed my rough edges;
    what has challenged me, changed me,
        strengthened and shaped me;
    delighted and thrilled me,
        steadied and calmed me...
       
I'm returning, Lord, 
    to fields of blessings
and only you know
    what blessings and joys
        await me on my return...

Will there be hard times?  
    I'm sure there will be! 
Disappointments, too, and lonely moments
    and loss and grief and the tears they bring;
but through it all I hope and trust
    your holy hand will lead and guide me
        and fill me with blessings yet unknown...

So, I offer this morning
    my outstretched hands and my open heart:
fill me, Lord, and feed my spirits
    with the joy of good places, people and times...
 
Fill my soul with blessings untold,
    blessings already heading my way,
unknown blessings, graces and gifts
    of  wisdom, wonder, mercy and peace...

Amen.    
 
This beautiful song gives perfect voice
    to what I'm praying this morning... 

Let Us Give Thanks for Unknown Blessings 
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!



Let us give thanks for unknown blessings already on the way.
Let us give thanks for unknown blessings already on the way.
God holds the future, the present and the past,
so let us give thanks for unknown blessings already on the way. 
 
See the birds of the air
they neither sow nor reap
yet God will give them food to eat
and God will care for us.
 
Lilies of the field 
they neither toil nor spin
as they are clothed in glorious light
God gives us what we need.
 
Do  not fear or fret
our lives are in God's hands
so praise and thanks should be our song
to God, our hope, our home.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!