9/20/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 9/20



I need some peace and quiet, Lord...

I need a quiet place,
    free of sounds, free of noise
and I know that with a little effort
    I can make that happen...

But I need more than a quiet room, Lord:
    I need a place of peace and quiet
        in my head, my heart, my soul...

I need a quieting
    of all the jumbled thoughts that fill my mind,
the tired, worn worries that clog my heart
    and the totally useless fears
        that haunt and taunt me day and night...

I need a slowing down 
    of work that calls my name 
        from desk and screen,
    of obligations filling up my calendar and time,
    of unsolved problems crying for,
        demanding my attention...

I need the peace that comes from you, Lord,
    from your heart and from your grace,
the quiet of that blessed peace
    that only you can give...

So I'll make a quiet time
    and I'll find a quiet place
and pray you'll hush the furies 
    and pray you shush the worries
 that tag my mind and heart
    night and day...

I need some peace and quiet, Lord:
    the peace I know you'll help me find,
    the peace that only you can give,
    the peace to calm and quiet
        my troubled, anxious soul...

I need some peace and quiet, Lord...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

 
Give Me Your Peace by Gateway
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!