10/3/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 10/3


Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year, began at sundown last night and will end with nightfall tomorrow, October 4.    
 
How might a Christian pray over these holy days?  Well, we're all familiar with the new year routine: looking back on the past year and making resolutions for the year to come: welcome to Rosh Hashana!

Need a New Year's boost, a new beginning?  This 2 minute video offers some Rosh Hoshana wisdom for people of any faith, especially if you're thinking that nothing's changing in your life...
 
My Night Prayer follows after the video...
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here! 

 

Lord,
   help me patient with myself...

And help me be patient with you, Lord,
    and how and when you move in my life...
 
Water me with your grace, Lord,
    and help me grow as you'd have me grow...

 
Help me be patient with how I'm growing,
   how I'm changing - and with how long it takes...
 
Help me see 
    that my suffering and pain are not wasted
        but are rooting me in solid ground...

Help me trust the roots I'm putting down 
   - even if I don't yet see much growth above ground...

And help me be patient with others, Lord, 
    remembering that each of us grows at a different pace,
        each of us grows by the gift of your grace...
 
And when my time comes
    to shoot up like bamboo:
give me courage, Lord,  
    to reach for the heavens
and faith to give you 
    all my thanks and praise!
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

He Who Began A Good Work In You
    by Steve Green   

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!



  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!